It’s that time of year again! It’s time for CAI-California Legislative Action Committee members to come together in Sacramento for the 2015 Legislative Day at the Capitol. It’s also time to recognize outstanding chapter volunteers for service to CLAC above and beyond the call of duty. CLAC is pleased to announce nominations were received from all eight California chapters and presented to the Selection Committee, comprised of the CLAC Chair, Past-Chair and Co-Chair. The CLAC PR Chair and Advocate will also participate in the discussion, with the aforementioned three being the voting members. The winner will be selected based upon the nominees work in promoting CLAC within his or her chapter.
This year’s nominees include Chapter Presidents, Legislative Sub-Committee (“LSC”) Chairs, LSC and Education Committee members, as well as CLAC Delegates and Liaisons and an Executive Committee member. Accomplishments among this exceptional group of volunteers include embracing and promoting the Buck A Door program, presenting the CLAC Moment at chapter events, encouraging member participation in fundraising events, creating new CLAC Fundraising events and improving on already existing fundraising events. Additional accomplishments included initiating chapter LSC’s, complete with creating Committee Charters, organizing consistent meeting schedules and encouraging chapter members to participate in the committee. One nominee even took the time to travel (at his own expense) to Sacramento to testify before the State Assembly and yet two others enthusiastically advocate, both personally and financially, to ensure managers and homeowners are able to attend Legislative Day at the Capitol.
This year’s nominees are:
- Janet Quinn Dennis with Pro Solutions – Bay Area & Central California Chapter
- Tom Murphy with Landmark Limited, LLC – California North Chapter
- Teresa Agnew with Roseman & Associates – Channel Islands Chapter
- Christina Baine DeJardin, Esq. with Peters & Freedman, LLP – Coachella Valley Chapter
- Robert Riddick with Sunnymead Ranch PCA – Greater Inland Empire Chapter
- Matt D. Ober, Esq. with Richardson Harman Ober, PC – Greater Los Angeles Chapter
- Robert DeNichilo, Esq. with Nordberg|DeNichilo, LLP – Orange County Regional Chapter
- Ken Dillingham, Esq. with Dillingham and Associates – San Diego Chapter
Please join CLAC in thanking these outstanding nominees and we hope you will be able to attend the 22nd Annual Legislative Day at the Capitol and congratulate these awesome volunteers in person. The 2014 CLAC Volunteer of the Year will be named during Monday’s Award Ceremony.